Why do we put up with our friends bullshit? You know what I'm talking about: their mood swings, their little 'habits' that just bother you to no end? How much they complain? Yeah, friends are pain in the asses.
I guess for starters: why do we have friends in the first place? For me, I consider someone a friend I can confide personal information with that I wouldn't (or couldn't) tell my own mother, you know what I'm talking about! More important, to have a deeper understanding about life when you have people around you that are your age, have similar qualities and opinions that you do; so they can understand you on a level your mom or dog couldn't understand! You could also relate to your friends as well. It's a team effort and commitment like any relationship!
But at the same time, they're not family per sae, and they're not someone you necessarily have to be nice to, right? Friends are on a different level of perspective than your sister or grandfather, they mean alot to us in a way that is unexplainable. Having certain someone('s) that you can share EVERYTHING with, EXPERIENCE life with, get in TROUBLE with (lol) and learn more about yourself and the way people work outside of your comfort zone.
I guess you can say that somewhat explains why we put up with our friends. I'd say I put up with my friend's bullshit because they put up with mine, and I can wake up the next day, even in the next 5 minutes after an annoyance or argument, and still love them just the same. You can't sweat the small stuff anyway, right?
All in all, friends are very important, especially to children and teens. We all want to feel accepted, even by unknown people. We want to interact with different people, know things about certain people we pick out at school, work, down the street even! etc..
Plus, the thought of being completely alone in this situation- meaning, having no friends, I wouldn't even want to find out.
![]() |
| Daily Dharma Quote: Proverbs on Friendship. Grey, Aana. August, 2009. |

No comments:
Post a Comment